MAYB Outreach Ministry Mission Statement
Foundational scriptures: Isaiah 54:13-17 and Psalm 127:3
MAYB Outreach Ministry exists to share the message of Jesus through the platform of Basketball. However, our outreach ministry is a lot more than dribbling, bounces and passes, but a means in which we honor God through our body and with all our strength and might (1corinthians 6:19).
We also believe that sport is the language of our culture, which has both physical and spiritual ramification see (1Timothy 4:8). So we desire to communicate Jesus by speaking our culture through the spirit of sportsmanship and through the power of Holy Spirit.
The five pillars of our vision
- Prayer: The first pillar of our vision is to teach our children the importance of prayer and how to disarm Satan and his cohorts in all ramifications (Matthew 18:18), John 10:10, Luke 21:31, and many more.
- Love for God: The second pillar of our vision is to teach our children the importance of loving God with all our heart, mind, soul, and body, which imply rendering to God what is due him see (Mark 12:29-30).
- Love for self: The third pillar of our vision is teach our children the importance of seeing oneself as beloved and loved by God, and also to know that what we do with our body matters to God see (1corinthians 6:19). David said, I praise you because “I’m fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalms 134: 13-14).
- Love for others: The forth pillar of our vision is to teach our children the importance of loving others, which imply treating others the way you would like to be treated. This also supports second commandment see (Matthew 22:39).
- Do no harm: The fifth pillar of our vision is to teach our children the importance of avoiding conflict and retaliation and to focus on building relationship instead see Matthew 7:12, Romans 12:9-10, 1Corinthians 13:4-7, 1Peter 4:8,.